Welcome to Confused To Confident Where We Celebrate Christmas and Other Holidays
Hello all you wonderful women. I'm going to wrap up the year with a fun quiz to see how much you know about Christmas. I won't have a blog post on Christmas or New Years so, take the time to enjoy the holidays. Remember, if you're feeling overwhelmed with all you have to get done this holiday season, take a couple of minutes to review the post on Enough Time.
You don't have to be Christian to know about Christmas. No matter what your beliefs are, have some fun, give the quiz a shot, and see how you score.
Oh, and by the way, looking up the answers is cheating. This is to see how much you already know.
How Much Do You Know About Christmas?
This quick, 15 question, quiz is our only activity for this week. It needs to hold you over for a couple of weeks too so give it a try.
Answers are posted below quiz.
1. According to the song Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, how many reindeer does Santa have to pull his sleigh?
2. Which of these was NOT one of Santa's reindeer?
3. What does the "partridge in a pear tree" stand for in the song The Twelve Days of Christmas?
A) The bird served at the first Christmas dinner.
B) Hunting as a tradition on Christmas
4. Why do people traditionally celebrate Christmas?
A) To set aside a day for giving?
B) To celebrate the birth of Jesus.
C) To celebrate the end of the harvest season.
5. Was Jesus born on Christmas? (December 25)
6. Jingle Bells was originally written as a song for Thanksgiving, not Christmas.
7. Why didn't the original Rudolph have a red nose?
A) He was supposed to look like a real reindeer.
B) Creators didn't want him to look like a drunk.
C) It was originally yellow, like a caution light, for flying in the snow storm.
8. What alcohol was eggnog traditionally made with?
9. What did the Christmas wreath originally symbolize?
A) The circle of life.
B) Jesus's crown of thorns.
C) A Christmas tree in homes too small for a tree.
10. How many gifts are listed by the time you sing the entire Twelve Days of Christmas song?
11. Having an artificial Christmas tree is more environmentally friendly than cutting down a real one?
12. In how many different places does the Bible note Christmas as a holy day?
13. What was the biggest Christmas gift ever given?
A) Golden Gate Bridge
B) Statue of Liberty
C) Great Wall of China
14. About how many Christmas cards are sent every year in the United States?
A) Three hundred thousand
B) Three million
C) Three billion
15. What was the last state to recognize Christmas as a legal holiday?
1. C, 2. B, 3. C, 4. B, 5. B, 6. A, 7. B, 8. A, 9. B, 10. B, 11. B, 12. C, 13. B, 14. C, 15. B
What Your Score Means
You don't know much about Christmas so, down in the comments box, leave a fun fact on a holiday you enjoy.
Not bad, looks like you get the basics.
Way to go! You're a Christmas expert. (Or you looked up the answers.)